Saturday, August 30, 2014

New Year...New Theme!

Another year to create the perfect first grade classroom! This year I have been blessed with a HUGE room! To others it may not look huge, but to me, I am in a palace. My theme this year came about after I received a gift from a student last year when she returned from Disney. I love how it turned out...hope you do too!
These pics show the broad view. See how roomy!! Here are detail pictures. First, my favorite part. I finally have a Word Wall!! And I somewhat organized my library. This was a goal of mine for years :)
Here is my blackboard decoration. Just to jazz that area up a bit. I saw this on Pinterest. Someone had decorated their door to surprise their kiddos about their Disney trip.
This year I am displaying the work that my students themselves are proud of. They can choose what they want to display and how long they want to display it. They can also choose to show any artwork they are proud of!
I made my Birthday chart after talking with my friend Rachel. She started teaching this year!! I tweaked her idea to fit my theme and I was very happy with the results.
Finally, here is my coat/backpack area and little reading nook. I have several pillows that I desperately need to recover, but still are comfy!
Oh! Notice my calendar?? I now have a chalk board up that I can do my calendar time!

No comments:

Post a Comment